Rock band High Tolerance scores music licensing deal with the PGA Tour Productions via ReverbNation’s new song-licensing program

by Neal on August 27, 2010 · Comments

The song “Heroes” by the band High Tolerance has been selected by PGA Tour Entertainment to play during the opening teaser highlight sequence of The Golf Channel’s Inside the PGA Tour every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST for the next 6 weeks (view full schedule). “Inside the PGA Tour” reaches a wide national audience, and will bring High Tolerance added exposure as well as music licensing royalties.

Matching the right music to the right opportunity

It only takes one listen of the song “Heroes” to understand why it was chosen as the backdrop to a sports highlight reel.  It evokes emotions that complement the fist-pumping and triumph of golf tournament highlights.

PGA Tour Feature Producer Mark Kubiak said, “When I heard the song, I knew it was going to be perfect for the intro to ‘Inside the PGA Tour’.”

High Tolerance was one of a handful of artists invited to participate in ReverbNation’s soon to be announced Premium Song Licensing program, developed in conjunction with APM Music (a joint venture of EMI Music Publishing and Universal Music Group). As the largest licensor of music in North America, APM secured the High Tolerance placement after introducing the song “Heroes” to the producers at the PGA Tour.

“We thought it was such a refreshing way to be heard by a large audience,” said High Tolerance vocalist Chris Sampogna, when asked about the reasons his band elected to participate in the licensing program. “In this business, with all the talent and competitiveness, you have to make the best of every opportunity that comes your way.”

More on Licensing Opportunities from ReverbNation and APM

This initial success story is just the first of many licensing opportunities coming down the road from ReverbNation. In the coming months, ReverbNation and APM expect to expand the offering to additional ReverbNation artists. More details on the partnership between APM and ReverbNation will be released later this year.

Comments

1. Nick says:

Congrats boys!

2. Jojo Taylor says:

08/27/2010
    Dear Staff,
    I would would be very thankful if I got a Shot to be on your Show !

Jojo Taylor

3. Fash Stewart says:

That is fantastic! Heroes is a cracker!

Love it!

4. Todd says:

Congrats! Great news!

5. Chris Musto says:

Awesome job all around, great write-up by RN and a fantastic song choice by ‘Inside the PGA Tour.’

Congratulations, High Tolerance, you’re getting some well deserved exposure for some solid music.

6. Check out http://www.reverbnation.com/kingkyzersosa
    my playlist, you’ll like at least one if not all this Kyzer music

7. [...] in the opening and closing credits of “Inside the PGA Tour.” We notified our blog readers when it happened, but have since caught up with High Tolerance to learn more about their music, the placement, and [...]

8. Dude says:

Good job guys! There’s a band outta New London Connecticut that is getting some press and radio airplay. How does someone get connected these guys connected to a commercial or movie soundtrack? They’re called Straight to VHS and a couple cool songs off their new EP are called “Hey!” and “It’s Fun” (check out the video). Let me know what you think and if they have a shot.

9. Jackslacks says:

Way to go Danny and guys!

10. Congrats guys that is awesome!

11. Please let us know if you recomend other bands signing a publishing deal or retain the rights them selves!

12. GREAT JOB! I LOVE THE SONG, “BEAST IN ME”…EVERY DOG HAS IT’S DAY! HOPEFULLY MINE COMES SOON.

13. Bianka says:

This is so awsome, it gives me hope that my songs actually have an opportunity to make it big someday..CONGRATS guys!!! :) and i also love your song Don’t Leave.

14. [...] secured licensing deals for ReverbNation artists with Kmart, Chicos, the Boston Red Sox, the PGA (check out the PGA placement) and [...]

15. Congrats, My Band “Say Swear” Just registered and completed our upload forms for this as well…..Awesome. great Job Guys and Good Luck

16. Spacemann JT says:

Congrats!! on licensing deal keep rocking good music guys
    Checkout my music when u get the time

17. How do I submit my songs

@Bonnie

The program is currently invite only at this time, but we hope more invites will go out within the next few months so stay tuned and make sure your ReverbNation account stays active!

19. Cheryl Nye says:

Congratulations on your success! I wish you all the very best in continued happiness and success always!!
    Amazing song!!

20. JOHNNY BONKERS says:

A perfect hole in One lads,congratulations on your golfing musical triumph, Peace, Love, Sound and Vision, Johnny

21. GHOST DOG says:

Hi…I got an invite…does that mean someone wants to use one of my tunes? Where do I find out more about the whole process?
    Thanks ;-)

@Ghost Dog

If you received an invite, you should have a link in there to access details, program summary, FAQ, etc.

23. dj Sean G says:

Big Up High Tolerance!
    Big Up Reverb!

This is really great news to hear!

24. Kevin Conrad says:

What does it cost me to have my songs licensed and what benefits are there for me licensing my songs? And how do I know which song are of interest?

thanks

Kevin Conrad
    Jenovah heights

@Kevin Conrad

Thanks for the interest! Currently the program is invite only. If invited, you submit only certain songs of your choosing for review and potential acceptance. The submission area includes a program summary, FAQ, and sample agreement for review which will cover all bases. If you have not been invited, don’t worry as we hope to continue more with the program and send out more invites in the future!

26. I totally want to get my songs into this, I would be so honoured to have any of my songs considered. I am so pleased you have invited me to submit. Thank you so much and thankyou for all the support you are and continue to give to we the artists. Cheers Cynthia Leigh-Ann

27. A Huge congratulations to the band High Tolerance. First the title “Heros” has such a vast beauty that can relate to sports, police officers, fire fighters, and so on. The music and lyric are brilliant. So how exactly did they come about getting their music scouted by PGA Producer Mark Kubiak? Do they have management? Was it just by chance? Is Reverbnation sponsoring this band? These are definitely questions that would help many “Indie” Artist better focus on how to get noticed for future licensing opportunities as well as understand what it takes outside of just brilliant music to get noticed.

28. Lana R. says:

Is it a light at the end of the tunnel? This industry is such a puzzle! Any piece of the information that can bring even small solution is greatly welcomed. Thank you!

29. Humongous says:

Thanks for the invite guys, we will be submitting our music today. Good looking out!

30. chekkmate says:

very nice look! The sky is the limit for you dudes. HOLLA CHEKKMATE!