The “My Band” Facebook Application Tab is Changing to say “Band Profile”

by Neal on September 27, 2010 · Comments

Many artists spoke out, and we listened.

We are making a small change to the My Band application on Facebook to make it more usable on “fan pages.” Specifically, the name of the tab that is created by the application will be changing from displaying “My Band” to “Band Profile.”

While “My Band” worked well on artist’s personal profile pages, it just didn’t make sense to have a tab called “My Band” on Facebook fan pages (sometimes called band pages). We hope that this new tab name will be the best for artists who use it on their personal profile pages as well as their fan pages.

As a user, you don’t need to do anything to have the change take effect, it will happen automatically on your pages.

If you haven’t added My Band to your band page, you can do it here now!

Comments

1. David Slater says:

Now we just need the LABEL Application, and we are ready to ROCK!
    Any news on this front? ;-)
    (Plus non flash music player?)

2. yoza says:

Current Status: We’re number 1 on the ReverbNation World/Reggae charts for NYC /T-DOT, ON, CA. http://www.reverbnation.com/melodicyoza PASS IT ON HELP BUILD A NATION TY :)

3. boaz says:

didnt quite understand what this app is providing me? is it good for me even if i am without a band?

4. riak says:

am best

5. Leo says:

How about letting us choose which name to show instead of “Band Profile”?

6. Jed says:

wish we could, but facebook doesn’t allow the name of the tab to be changed, unfortunately.

7. Tony Carter says:

I have added your program to my facebook page. Is there any way I can get the “Band Profile” tab to be the 1st tab? I was able to move it to the 3rd tab but I’m afraid visitors will land on my “Wall” page and not see that I have songs loaded.

I have my defaults set for “Band Profile” to appear for visitors but it’s not doing it…

Thanks for a great program and for any help you can provide.

Tony Carter
    T Carter Music

8. I second what Tony says above. I also set my defaults to “Band Profile” to have it show first, but it doesn’t do it. Is Facebook just not allowing that or what? I’ve just been wanting an easy way for people who visit my normal Facebook page to have a way to go right no my musician page and listen to my songs. Currently there’s no real way to permanently show my musician page link on my normal page. You have to keep constantly posting it manually and it starts to become a little cheesy and self-promoting to be constantly doing that. The only workaround I have is uploading a picture with large lettering that says, “My Musician Page”, then making sure that shows up in the photo banner at the top, and then placing the link in the comments to that picture. But hey, free is free, so I guess there’s only so much we can do, huh? LOL!

9. …right *to* my musician page…(spelling)

Sorry you are having trouble with the app! I can completely understand your frustration with this. Unfortunately, what you describe is a restriction put in place and controlled by Facebook. If you have set your Band Profile app to be the default tab, then it will show for anyone who has not yet “liked” your page as the default. However Facebook requires the admin of the page, and those that have “liked” it already use the wall as a default. Not much we can do about it now, but we will continue to look for a loophole.