ReverbNation Partners with APM Music to Bring Exclusive TV, Movie, and Video Game Licensing Opportunity to Independent Bands

by Neal on September 29, 2010 · Comments

(NEW YORK – September 29th, 2010) ReverbNation, the leading Marketing and Promotion Platform for over 850,000 Musicians, Labels, Managers and Venues, and APM Music, a joint venture of EMI Music Publishing and Universal Music Publishing and the largest production library and music services company in North America, have partnered to launch an exclusive “ReverbNation Music” library that APM Music will license into TV, Movies, Trailers, Video Games and other types of productions.

Tens of thousands of qualified ReverbNation artists have already received invitations to audition their songs which were qualified through ReverbNation’s initial review process. Following submission, every track was reviewed by APM music directors for quality and client suitability.

Invitations to participate in the program are sent out on an ongoing basis to “qualified” artists who have profiles on ReverbNation. “Qualified” artists are those for whom ReverbNation has statistical data about their fan base, song plays, and more, that indicate a fit with APM’s clients.  ReverbNation collects this data for artists who use ReverbNation’s comprehensive toolset to manage their social media and marketing presence across the web.

“We are committed to bringing the best opportunities to indie artists, including opportunities to play gigs as well as to license their music. The partnership to curate a unique library with APM Music is a great opportunity for ReverbNation artists whose music fits the needs of APM’s clients – fresh, authentic, relevant indie music,” said Michael Doernberg, CEO of ReverbNation.com. “Artists whose songs are accepted and placed will generate unique exposure to new fans with the potential to generate ongoing revenue from their works.”

With over 25 years leading the industry, APM Music has built relationships with an exhaustive list of clients including CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, ESPN, MLB, PGA, Universal, Discovery, Current TV, MTV, BBDO, Electronic Arts, Oprah Winfrey and thousands of others; and has recently placed music into “Avatar”, “The Backup Plan”, “Date Night”, “Prince of Persia”, “Glee”, “Gossip Girl”, “Mad Men”, “30 Rock” , “Big Bang Theory”,  “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” ,“Assassin’s Creed 2”, and “Monsters vs. Aliens” video game among many others.

“The appetite for indie music has never been greater,” stated Adam Taylor, APM Music president. “There has been a strong demand for APM to provide an original indie music library that offers exclusive, high quality music direct from independent artists combined with the freedom from copyright issues traditionally delivered through APM’s indemnification guarantees. With this partnership, APM will satisfy this need and at the same time deliver real benefit to ReverbNation artists.”

The ReverbNation Music library launched on APM’s online music search engine at the beginning of September, and has already secured licensing deals for ReverbNation artists with Kmart, Chicos, the Boston Red Sox, the PGA (check out the PGA placement) and others.

Visit the APM licensing opportunity at ReverbNation.com to learn more.

Comments

1. Sharon Lawrence says:

What Genres are included???? I only noticed Rock.

2. Richap says:

This is a great opportunity. I’d like to present my music, special for film and video productions. All my tracks are completely different in style and instrumentation.
    Thanks for comunicating.
    The best.

3. Trying to view the APM/Reverbnation licensing opportunities but RN keeps prompting me to “sign up” and I am already logged into my RN account. Please advise?

4. Jed says:

You can’t ‘submit’ or view the opportunity. It gets extended on a rolling basis to Artists who use the ReverbNation tools and have the attributes that APM clients are looking for.

-Jed

5. Mark Scherer says:

Yes, downhill in a kind of hectic nympholepsy , the grass snapping at our
    ankles, the clouds deafening us and the distant cathedral spire swimming up as if to impale us , suddenly Third Candle so to inspire us.

6. Matthew says:

@ReverbNation, I posted this on your Facebook Wall, but it doesn’t look like you visit there. So, I’ll ask it here – why do you still list only 6 search results per page on your site? Is this 1993? It takes 3 hours to load the next page… give me 100 results per page if I want… 1,000 would be even better. There’s no excuse for SIX search results, Lycos.

7. boleck says:

une superbe opportunitée que propose reveb et apm pour tous les artistes independants foncez ceux sont les 2 meillieurs sites a ma connaissance qui metent en avant les indies cooool!!!!!!

8. Tommie Lee says:

uz Gud Im Tommie Lee and I just want 2 invite you 2 cum check out my muzic I knw u will like it when u chek it out i make muzic for eveyone im taking a more hands on approach trying 2 put people up on my muzic cum thru and check me out1

9. geiger167 says:

I got an invite tonight from reverbnation to join, but I’m in UK and there are no options for this I can see (PRS doesn’t seem to be included in list of options) and what are there seem to be for USA and Canada (PRO members) Not sure why they are inviting me lol.
    In order to submit a song, each writer (or writers) must be registered as a writer with an appropriate Performing Rights Organizations (PRO). Writer(s) in the United States must be registered with ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC. Writer(s) in Canada must be registered with SOCAN
    Anyone see any UK options here lol ?????

10. GHOST DOG says:

Don’t bother approving my last comment…I just found out EMI’s involved with this…I want nothing to do with it :-/