Facebook Discontinuing Tabs on Personal Profiles (don’t worry, Musician pages can still have them) and What it Means for My Band

by Neal on October 15, 2010 · Comments

Facebook is making changes to the way applications interact with personal profiles. As of Wednesday October 13, 2010, the ability to add an application such as My Band as a tab to your band members’ personal profiles has been removed. On November 3, all existing application tabs on personal profiles will be removed, and applications on Facebook will only be allowed to have tabs on band pages.

Don’t worry though; ReverbNation is working hard to make this a smooth transition. We highly suggest that you create a band page, and add My Band as a tab. This will ensure you continue to have the benefits of My Band and your fans will continue to see all of your updated information.

Create a band page on Facebook

Add My Band to your band page

In addition we are announcing an additional, heavily requested new feature to ReverbNation: the ability to update your band page’s status through ReverbNation. Now you will be able to update your Facebook Status on both your personal pages as well as your band page, in addition to Twitter and Myspace, all at once, from one place.

If you have any questions about any of these changes please visit us at support.reverbnation.com

Comments

1. David Howie says:

“The developer does not allow this to currently be added” Is the default screen I see when I click to add “My Band” to my music profile (not band-singer/songwriter)…Help?!

2. Francisco says:

Why not? add a box where the profile of the band, the owner of the page, called by iframe and similarly, to the state, friends, etc. .. but from the website of the band and added since Reverbnation. I think that if you redesign the solution and add this functionality, most users reverbnation, we would be happy. can you see it?

Thanks.

3. Squirrel says:

Why doesn’t this get protested!? This is a farce. They can do whatever the hell they want to and nobody can do anything about it. It’s high time we boycott this stupid tyrannical BS known as Facebook for something open, free, and private (like peer to peer Social Networking!)

4. jolietjeff says:

your widgets I have placed on several sites were supposed to autoplay now they are not. This is bad for you since visitors to the sites would then look for the music and click on your logo which sent them to reverbnation! please fix this would have used your feedback support but that also does not work and tries to get me to enter all my passwords for other sites which only someone who wants to get hijacked would do …Reverbnation needs real online support now if you want to stay on top of the independent artist world! I am promoting you to thousands of people though my widgets so I am doing my work!

5. Hi My name is Sly Maestro Foxx,blessed,I am a world/reggae music artist,presently I am having a topic on the reggae industry,personally I believe that as an artist/fan,reggae music is heading spiraling downward,however,I would really appreciate all comment from reggae/soca/world music fans,kindly contact Me Sly Maestro Foxx at:Junior12920@groups.facebook.com.

6. Blessed,My name is Sly Maestro Foxx,a world/reggae music artist,poet,songwriter,performer,presently I am having a topic on the reggae industry,however,reggae/dancehall fans,from Jamaica,Trinidad/Tobago,United states,England,Asia,Japan,Africa,worldwide,kindly join Me Sly Maestro Foxx at:Junior12920@groups.facebook.com.

7. Dave Fury says:

Now that I have created a “fan” page, since the personal page won’t support the “myband” app anymore, how do I link my personal page to the fan page so that my contacts can “like” it without me having to constantly post for people to go do that?
    Is there a way?

8. Bryant Johnson says:

Oh yeah +1 to what Dave Fury said. Seems like FB highjacks the posts half the time anyway only putting them on the ‘links’ page and when they do show up on news feed they’re so old they’re on page two or three.

9. Ed Stacey says:

Why is that you give us a tap like band profile so your friends can listen to your music, that creates more friends. What a great thing to have then you take it away i dont get it, you then give instructions on how to add it to yor fan page and it dont allow you to do it. ?????????????????????

10. Andy Fackrell says:

I will no longer be using reverbnation for anything now. My entire incentive for creating a reverbnation page was to have it linked to my personal facebook profile. I am NOT interested in creating a band profile. Thus, my association with reverbnation is now at an end. Lame.

11. Nona Mills says:

12. Jed says:

Trust me, we are as bummed out as you are about facebook’s decision to disallow any app tabs on personal profiles.

13. How do I get my CD as a Solo-Act onto RevebNation? I want my CD on here to join all the hype? I am a recorder, Singer/Songwriter/Musician in Nashville, TN. 37214. I need some advice on how to get started on this site I know nothing about! Please help me? Contact me on my e-mail site? No web site as of yet? That will have to change? I also need help fast to get onto facebook? I already have a page: Facebook:markb67. Thank You!!!
    Mark Alan Billingsley
    615-335-3905

@Mark Alan Billingsley

You are free to sign up an artist account at any time at http://www.reverbnation.com. You can upload your tracks to your profile in Control Room — Profile — Songs & Videos for free, and/or purchase a Digital Distribution package we offer to get your music on the online retailers (iTunes, Amazon, etc) in Control Room — Distribution.

Check out this link for more info on the tools we offer: http://www.reverbnation.com/main/overview_artist

Our support community can be found here, where most questions are answered: http://support.reverbnation.com/

Hope that helps!

15. aku ingin belajar

16. Marco says:

Why they force me to open a band profile, I am a producer not a band! Really disappointed! Facebook sucks.

17. nathalie says:

I can’t believe this is still ongoing – why why WHYYYYYY can’t facebook let us have our reverbnation synch with our personal profiles . . . you know, the ones that we use to communicate every day with our friends and fans, and have hundreds of pictures and comments up from several years, and have no way of transferring most of this stuff to a band page which has no other purpose other than to get reverbnation????????? seriously reverbnation has enough users, is there really no way to make this work?

Unfortunately we don’t have an update here, or know if it will be possible in the future. Facebook’s API currently only lets us track likes and not “friend counts” so we can only sync for fan inclusion to the musician/band page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

19. ariyan says: