ReverbNation Acquires Mobile ‘Band App’ Developer Sound Around

by Jed on October 19, 2010 · Comments

Update:  Bands can now get mobile apps from ReverbNation for as little as $99/year.

ReverbNation Acquires Mobile ‘Band App’ Developer Sound Around

(Durham, NC – October 19th, 2010) ReverbNation, the leading Marketing and Promotion Platform for over 900,000 Musicians, Labels, Managers and Venues, has acquired Sound Around, a North Carolina mobile application development company focused on creating custom mobile applications for Bands and Musicians.

The acquisition will enable ReverbNation to extend its comprehensive set of tools for Bands and Musicians to include the creation of mobile applications for its user base. Details of the transaction are not being released.

“Sound Around has built a great platform for Artists to easily create custom mobile applications for their fans,” said Jed Carlson, co-founder and chief operating officer of ReverbNation. “We are excited to bring their technology and expertise into our company and look forward to providing mobile apps to our users in the near future.”

“In starting Sound Around, Scott and I set out to bring compelling and affordable mobile solutions to DIY Artists. This acquisition represents a significant leap in our ability to positively affect the music industry by allowing Artists to both acquire new fans and engage existing fans on a deeper level,” said Steve Klein, CEO of Sound Around.  Added President of Sound Around, Scott Klein “We’re both very excited to be joining a fantastic team with an impressive appetite for building valuable industry tools.”

About ReverbNation:
ReverbNation is the leading online music marketing platform used by more than 900,000 Artists, Managers, Record Labels, and Venues to grow their reach, influence, and business across the internet.  ReverbNation provides free and affordable solutions to individual Artists and the music industry professionals that support them in the areas of web promotion, fan relationship management, digital distribution, social media marketing, direct-to-fan e-commerce, fan behavior measurement, sentiment tracking, Web site hosting, and concert booking and promotion.

ReverbNation’s innovation is in developing technologies that integrate the wide array of distribution, marketing, and promotional functions used by the music industry into one comprehensive and easy-to-use business application – helping virtually any artist grow their revenues, and providing insight into how each marketing input contributes to overall outcomes.  For more information, please visit ReverbNation.com and follow ReverbNation on Twitter:  www.twitter.com/reverbnation.

ReverbNation Media Contact:
Jed Carlson
919.682.9593
press@reverbnation.com

Comments

1. Pedro José says:

I’m glad, I suggested this trough feedback/support some time ago. We are on the road or busy all the time but always with mobile technology with us, it’s more easy and effective with a an application. I’m proud to be a reverbnation artist and I can’t wait to get this app. Thank you for helping and getting us heard around the world with cool technology and useful widgets. :-)

Pedro José
    (singer/songwriter)

2. Can’t wait for the new apps. Happy to be a beta tester if you need anytime.

- Shiv

3. Mona Radlow says:

I am so happy to be a part of Revebnation. Glad to be here.
    Cannont wait until we start selling our CD, My Mother Earth.
    For now you may listen on itunes, and amazon.com
    Mona Radlow
    Manager
    Estrellanueva, LLC

4. I have a hunch this will yield yet another example of Reverbnation’s leading edge commitment to offering innovation AND value for artists. I can only imagine what the app(s) will result from this acquisition. Exciting!

John Stringer
    Partner | IndieHitMaker
    State of Man | reverbnation.com/stateofman

5. ReverbNation, the leading Marketing and Promotion Platform for over 900,000 Musicians, Labels, Managers and Venues, has acquired Sound Around, a North Carolina mobile application development company focused on creating custom mobile applications for Bands and Musicians.

6. Kritta says:

Check out “Doin my thang” @_Kritta – http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_5780669 #HS

7. 2late says:

That sucks. I mean that. I realize I might be the small minority here, but I don’t like ReverbNation that much. Funny thing, I can’t even figure out why. Is it the brand? The look? The feel? The name? The little red star? I don’t know exactly, but there is something I really dislike.

I do know I was happy with Sound Around though. Either way, I will remove myself from the service if I have to use ReverbNation to launch it, make updates, or use their services/site at all.

On the bright side of things, I am sure this is actually good news for Sound Around. So, I wish you the best!

@2late

Sorry you feel that way. If you can ever pinpoint what you don’t like about the site, we are happy to listen to suggestions!

9. Kaplain says:

Wanna be a Beta tester of ‘Band App’

10. i think it si the best site on the web for bands

11. Darrel Baird says:

Awesome, This was the missing link and will place you way ahead of ilike.com . keep up the great work.

12. LOVE THIS! Was thinking about using our website’s mobile web converter, but this will be the perfect app for musicians! Play & buy our music, save the date for our shows….love it! Reverbnation keeps doing great things for indies!!! :>

13. Excellent!, when will it be available on our reverbnation accounts ?

14. green stool says:

Nice post!!!!!!!!!

I really love this one!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for posting this!!!!!!!!

15. vanitha says:

Hi i am looking for mobile apps ,which is ready to onboard ,we are looking for partnership with our organization

16. Jaki Song says:

This is great! I was wondering when someone would develop a system for us to be able to listen to and let others listen to our music by phone. Not many people carries a laptop with them. I hope it will be soon that this app will be on the market! I will definitely get it!

17. 1.T.E says:

So wheres the Android App???

18. Salsero says:

Yes…..! We need an Android app!! How long will it take? please hurry with that!

19. billy wilson says:

no offence but I can’t find the “Uninstall Link” bkw

20. 5star says:

Really really looking forward to the release of the reverbnation app for “ANDROID” PLEASE e-mail me as soon as it’s release or send me a link to the beta version!!!! Please

21. Jiminy says:

Mobile apps for bands are great! But it’s a pain to search for the app and install it. A free tool to use with mobile apps is the QR Code (aka QRickit). It’s just a convenient way for people to access and install mobile apps on their smartphones without having to input or even see a long URL. ReverbNation should add the QRickit Creator to their resources so bands can download a QR Code for their mobile app. In Japan, over 90% of all digital music is sold via mobile phones with the help of QR Codes. See http://QRickit.com to see how to use QR Codes for music marketing.

22. Hi there to every one, the contents present at
    this web site are genuinely awesome for people experience, well,
    keep up the nice work fellows.