How To Post ReverbNation Widgets On The “New” MySpace Music Profiles

by Neal on December 8, 2010 · Comments

Recently, MySpace has switched the layout of their musician profiles. At first, this change was optional, but it was eventually rolled out to all music profiles within the past week. We’ve heard some of our artist are having trouble learning how to post ReverbNation widgets on their new profiles, and wanted to make sure to show you how!

Additionally, if you have any ReverbNation widgets that were altered by the profile change, this will inform you of how to correctly post a new widget to replace it.

Check out this brief tutorial video on how to post a ReverbNation widget to the new style music profiles at MySpace:

Text Steps from the Video are as follows:

1. Click the customize option inside your profile once logged-in to the account
  2. A “Theme” box should pop up in your interface. Choose “Modules” from that box
  3. Scroll down to find the “HTML Box” Option and click “Add”
  4. Mouse into your profile layout and drag-and-drop the HTML Box to the desired location
  5. Click the “Settings” Option for the HTML Box
  6. Paste in your ReverbNation widget HTML code into the box provided
  7. Save changes!

Comments

1. mike borgia says:

When a site uses far too much flash animation, you get all sorts of issues with load time, trouble viewing/loading of external sources etc.. is myspace even relevent anymore? I don’t think so at all. Who socializes there? Listening to music takes forever and after all these years myspace still can’t get it right. My top pics for experiencing music streaming and discovery are:
    http://bandcamp.com ( streams music from your smartphone as well)

Make it easy for your fans to access your songs, not time consuming and difficult. If you can’t understand this simple concept, then you should not be making and promoting your music.

2. I don’t think that HTML module is working properly in Myspace. I added it 3 times but it still didn’t show up on the profile; therefore nothing to drag. I wonder if it’s the web browser I’m working with. I use Chrome for everything now, but have been noticing that not all websites are compatible just yet.

3. vogier says:

we need to have a genuine website to start from, not even to mention some more musicians to help us with performances to play the music we written and recorded, thank you for the tip that help me also……..

4. Mary says:

Where is “Dream”??? It’s you’re the best one

5. [...] to Reverbnation’s blog, the company has heard from some of their artists that they are having trouble learning how to post [...]

6. Billy says:

I hope that ReverbNation revamps its widgets and players. The Flash and iFrames seem to kill parts of sites and slow them down. There needs to be something done so the content can be made available to mobile devices and downgrade gracefully to older computers. Otherwise, I think ReverbNation is pretty cool. I also hope they start offering some of their premium services for free (albeit probably ad supported).

7. Sean says:

Nope… this doesn’t work…. there is no menu blocks for “Modules” on the bottom like the video shows.

Also, you can’t attach html on comments anymore so reverbnation is going to have to rethink its whole “widget” and “band equity” operation…. its not going to flow as it did before… I mean… what other website allowed you to place widgets everywhere?

8. stafan says:

want to have a beautiful inspiration …

9. Acai Thermo says:

Really nice topic for me.

10. pakhot says:

i like this post, this is nice and informative for me.
    thanks for sharing this.

11. jason todd says:

ok so i learned how to put widgets on my myspace profile…..but how do i post them in friends comments cause it dont let me and i think thats where my space made an error, it takes away from the artist to promote their music…….i need some feed back

12. Tommy says:

Boo yeah!! Thanks everyone! Portobello Road Rocks!! check them out!!! Thanks again!

13. Where is “Dream”??? It’s you’re the best one

14. Really nice topic for me.

15. Jason says:

16. Dean says:

Yup it really doesn’t work…
    How annoying!

17. Rob says:

Yea, when I go to post a widget in myspace comments it just shows up as a ….
    and won’t show up. Really sucks. I NEVER put on autoplay, But why can’t I at least post the widget without autoplay? wtf, someone at reverbnation should contact myspace and get them to fix this please.
    Thanks guys.
    I love reverbnation, but am learning to hate myspace lol

18. Funk Whip says:

Worked for me.
    Had to fiddle with it, if you shrink the customize window then add html it seems to work ok.
    Thanks…..

19. DancingKim says:

Hi, i’m a professional dancer. i’d like to see to make a showreel for my promotions. I also need to use some animation. Can someone suggest me an excellent animation studio, but not really very expensive? I’m here for 3 months for a tour.
    Love