The ReverbNation Control Room iPhone App (beta) Now Available for Free

by Ferol on December 21, 2010 · Comments

Our first mobile app is now available in Apple’s App Store. The app allows musicians to collect fan emails at concerts directly through their iPhone, provides the artist with the latest profile and song stats, the ability to post status updates to Twitter, Facebook and Myspace simultaneously, and to send FanReach email newsletters to their fans.

Control Room iPhone App

Critical Control Room Functions Available from your iPhone

The app was developed to allow our musicians to access critical functions from their ReverbNation control room while they are on the go. Those functions are listed below:

• Send FanReach Emails
  • Collect Fan Email Addresses
  • View Profile and Email stats
  • Update status for Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace

The App is Available for Free in the App Store

The app is currently in beta and available for free to all users with a ReverbNation login. Please let us know what you think, and post your suggestions opinions in the comments section.
Download the app for free on iTunes »

Comments

1. jimmy says:

Very nice to see the RN iphone app. But it doesnt do much for me since I use a Droid X.

2. Jon says:

I’m in the same boat… droid. Have been waiting for a reverbnation phone app for a long time, hopefully will get a version for all the rest of us soon.

3. Jed says:

Android is coming in the future. No ETA just yet, but we know that there are lots of Android users out there, and we will absolutely create and Android version.

-Jed
    COO, ReverbNation

4. Kizzle says:

I’m loving the new app! Make sure you use your e-mail address to login! I’m able to post to my FaceBook, Twitter, etc. easiliy – I’m not sure how everyone is missing the button above the Update Status option. It clearly says “Post to these networks:” with the option to enable… have you setup these links from the website?
    Overall it’s very handy for on-the-go, and I’m sure any issues will be resolved in updates. THANK YOU REVERBNATION – I AM GRATEFUL.

5. Big Ed says:

I’ll chime in for Android also! This would be a great tool!

6. Stash says:

Not only the droid; I use a Blackberry. You know, Apple isn’t the only one that makes smart phones, nor are they the best.

7. J says:

I was really hoping for something that would let you search artists and play music. I’m assuming that’s coming.

8. Wally "Mazerati" Jimenez says:

smh! they need to do a app for blackberrys

9. Stephen Pate says:

Nice start but we need iPhone / iPad compatible widgets more than anything.

Someone comes to my site with iPhone etc sees nothing in place where the player is.

Cheers,

10. Michelle says:

Yes – Droid please! :D And make it easy to upload photos.

11. michele smith says:

COMPLIMENTS to Zo & Terrel Badie on bring us wonderful music and making me apart of their fan club.

12. Peter D says:

Great App!
    Would love to be able to create an event right from the app. That would be priceless!

13. I am waiting for it to come to Android so I can use it on my Evo.

14. |oc|de says:

Hey any chance of developing one of these apps for the blackberry, that would be nice since I can’t listen to none of my music or check anything from my blackberry storm 2. If you all do that would be awesome!

15. @JoonJukx says:

definitely would like to see this for the blackberry… oh well… iphone people are like the cool kids at the party every time :-/

16. JimmyP says:

Definitely a Blackberry App… or some kind of mobile version of the site…

17. ggash67 says:

I use Droid X. Are there plans for Droid apps?

18. girlierox says:

let me know when you have app for blackberry..

19. Eric says:

Great Start! Would love to be able to send a RPK and enter a new gig right from my phone. That would be invaluable. So many times I’ve been asked unexpectedly for a band press kit when out for something non-band related and this would just make it so convenient!!

20. Cyndi Craven says:

I love RN. I love my iPhone and I’m glad you have this app (will check it out and I’m sure I’ll like it). But I don’t love that the RN widgets are non-functioning on the iPhone.

Seems almost a little ironic that RN should release an iPhone app to update your RN page … when you can’t use your iPhone (and more importantly, your fans can’t use THEIR iPhones) to access the important info that’s delivered via RN widgets. (For instance, a fan is on the way to your show, but can’t remember the address.. she calls up your web site on her iPhone but alas, the really cool shows widget is a blank.)

I am not blaming RN for this problem. I realize it was Apple’s choice to limit availability of Flash. But it’s also frustrating that RN uses Flash without an alternative for its widgets, resulting in them not working for iPhone users.

Sigh. I guess we can’t have everything.

All this aside, I still think ReverbNation is a GREAT tool for musicians and venues, and I appreciate all you do and offer.

21. Jimmy says:

RN prematurely released a phone app that doen’t work so well. I can already post to my Facebook and Twitter. This app needs a lot of work to be worthwhile.

22. Jed says:

Jimmy,
    Could you be more specific about what isn’t working for you? Have you updated to the latest version (there was a login bug on the very first version, but it has been fixed).

Thanks,
    Jed

23. lee says:

Only an Apple app and still no mobile version of the site? RN is a cool tool, but definitely on the technological short bus.

24. Ryan Barnes says:

I love it! I’ve been waiting for a RN app forever! The one [VERY] important thing that it’s missing though is the ability to add shows. If I’m on tour and get an extra show booked on the spot, I can’t post it unless I find a computer/net access. PLEASE add this feature!!!!
    Other than that, great work guys! Thanks for doing this!

25. Theikid says:

Cool to make an ios app but please make your profile player compatible too, flash player isnt working!

26. Lil stunna says:

Verry great app. Works pretty good,if you have a reverbnation account I recomend this app.
    Thanks lil stunna

27. Aaron says:

It is good that they came up with this app. But please come up with an app for an Android system. I like the way the app works but please make it work on a droid.

28. Alexander says:

Thank you for this app! I’m able to post updated status with no hitch. Kudos to the brainchild.

29. Samuel says:

The new app is very handy. I’m able to send fanreach emails with ease. Please make this accessible to droid users so that our base will be larger.

30. Garrett says:

This app is very valuable and will really click. But sometimes there are compatibility issues. Please make it work for my Android too.

31. Crpn says:

Is this only for artists, not managers (with rosters)?

@Crpn

Currently, yes, the application is only for artist accounts.

33. I just went through the whole process of signing up for the RN iPhone app, but at the end I have to pay either $99 a year, or $199 for a one time fee. I thought it was free. I knew that was too good to be true … lol!!! So … before I sign up I’d like to know more about the app; for example, what other “hidden” charges are there in the works. It mentions that I could have videos on the app. But I have no idea how that works. Anyway, I’d appreciate more info about the app, etc.

34. Mark Gardner says:

Great tool for artists and ideal if you are playing live shows and want to add email addresses on the road!

Thanks reverbnation.

Looking forward to my Mobile App now!

Thanks heaps!

35. Nyjah says:

Big up Reverbnation!!!

36. Mocombo says:

Clearly, Apple should know better; they make millions from musicians and yet fail to support
    flash oriented programs. They may have their reasons but the reality is that so many artist’s web presentation integrates flash in their web presence. Apple ( remember ‘Big Brother’) is quantifying art
    and artists thus censoring art and forcing its own ideology upon art; art should be encouraged to express itself without boundaries. The practical reality is that so many artists have had their art sabotaged by such thinking. Further to this, such corporate thinking is already reaping millions in profits at the expense of both musicians and art. Apple has profited for years in the music industry and built its reputation being artists friendly however one gets the impression that there are no musicians or artists working in the engineering departments. The silent majority of artists can only hope that music delivery services like RN start to put some well deserved pressure on Apple and its cohorts whose actions are
    high insensitive to musicians, web artists and creative software developers. Perhaps there should be a protest system in place whereby artists can voice their objections to Apple’s failure to embrace flash.
    Let us work toward lighting up our skies rather than letting Apple douse them out! Yes I use flash and it doesn’t function properly on Apple products; very wanky indeed!

37. 1 Shot 2 Many says:

How about an HP WebOS app, since those are my smartphones of choice. And a mobile version of the site would rock too.

38. Dianna Kinkead says:

I have an iPhone and an iPad. I purchased the iPad specifically to enable me to play and download music from my son’s band, “FOLK REMEDY” on Reverbnation, not even thinking that I wouldn’t be able to do so. When I try to listen to or download purchased music from Reverbnation I get a message saying that Apple doesn’t support Flash player. This is so frustrating. I was just watching Steve Jobs talking about the new IOS X platform and although they seem to be making some progress, I agree with the previous post by Mocombo.

39. Steven Davis says:

So.I have an acct with pics and recordings. I had some blood sugar problems, But I’m back. I don;t have the previous information.How do I restart the site and save the info? What do I do?

@Steven

Hi! You can go here to reset your password if you have forgotten it: http://www.reverbnation.com/user/forgot_password

41. Stash says:

How about porting your app to Blackberrys. I won’t even think about owning anything Apple. Hate the company and their business model, and there are other options out here.

42. Garrett says:

It’s strange that so many are so quick to blame Apple for not baking another company’s software (Adobe Flash) into their OS. Open standards for listening to music and watching videos exist, and have existed for some time, yet many websites still choose to lock themselves into using Flash, a closed, resource-intensive, battery-draining, unstable, insecure piece of software that, in my experience, is primarily used to create intrusive ads. I do appreciate and enjoy the art that can only be created using Flash (games, layered video, complex animations), but when it comes to listening to music, watching videos, etc. it’s inefficient and totally unnecessary.

As Mocombo said so well, “Art should be encouraged to express itself without boundaries”. I completely agree! This is why I hate seeing music and videos locked down by Flash, a proprietary format that is entirely controlled by one company: Adobe. Seems like I ought to have the option not to install resource-intensive and unstable software on my computer or phone when other alternatives exist.

In my opinion, Reverb Nation ought to follow the lead of forward-thinking companies like Bandcamp and Soundcloud, which enable audio streaming on computers that don’t have Flash installed.

43. R Fox says:

What’s the point of an app for a music site that doesn’t actually play music?

44. Mike g says:

I seen the droid comments above…
    Droid has been an iphone killer for years now and hasnt killed anything! Seriously run animoog on your droid, or beatmaker2…oh you cant becuz your inferior operating system has the worst latency i have ever seen. All i know, is… If you are an artist of any type droid is not the phone of choice! It just isnt a creative platform sorry but its true…
    I am not slamming your phone, i am just stating that droid development is wayyyyy behind, its sluggish acting and just isnt there yet, will it be one day, well of course…but i want to make music today.

Reverbnation makes this much sense…they have developed an app for a phone that the whole website doesnt support. Which in my honest opinion is very questionable. Flash sucks, html is easier and better and works on all platforms it only makes sense to write up your sight in html5!

45. Mike g says:

I made 65% of the new album with iphone/ipad and apps.
    Even if you are committed to a droid…cop the ipad, you’ll love it

Try these apps:

beatmaker 2
    Thumbjam
    Samplewiz
    Animoog
    Sampletank
    Sunrizer
    Jasuto pro
    Morphwiz
    Addictive synth
    Nanostudio
    To name a few…very few :) happy music making

@Mike g Thanks for your comments. We’re always working to keep up with the latest technologies, always working to improve.