The ReverbNation Control Room App Coming to Android and Blackberry Soon!

by Neal on February 16, 2011 · Comments

We have received numerous requests to develop our highly acclaimed Control Room iPhone Application for the Android and Blackberry platforms, and are happy to announce that these applications will be coming soon! That’s right, we heard you loud and clear, and your feedback made it possible! The Control Room Application for Android is expected in mid-April, with the Control Room Application for Blackberry coming in the latter end of that month.

The Control Room Application provides the artist with the latest profile and song stats, as well as the ability to post status updates to Twitter, Facebook and Myspace simultaneously, to collect fan emails at concerts directly through their phone, and to send FanReach email newsletters to fans. These features are priceless, but the application is FREE!

Be on the lookout for official release dates soon!

Comments

1. JimmyPirate says:

That is awesome! Thank you! But might I suggest the ability to add dates as well?

2. Wunderlogik says:

bout time, iphone can’t have all the apps….

3. Original T says:

That’s GREAT news!!! Can’t wait to BB my RN!!! lol

4. BLACK CASH says:

YO I JUST GOT ON THIS SITE CHECK ME OUT I GOT SOME NICE STUFF ON HERE AND MORE HEAT TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Tammy says:

That sounds so cool but I don’t even have internet on my phone. I am so behind…note to self hurry up and get with the program.!

6. Ty says:

Thanks! This app will make my life a lot smoother!!!

7. Rocky says:

YAY!!! please bring on the Android app!!!

8. Fred says:

I am not sure how chart position is calculated but looking at some of them just does not make sense. Not sure how some artists with 10x the number of fans of another (as in 30k to 3k) could be behind. Is this one of those situations where a band, or there fans can sit around all day in the moms basement spamming play to get a ‘vote’? Just wondering, doesn’t seem right if so and should probably really be looked at changing.

@Fred

Thanks for the comment. Our charts are based on Band Equity Score. The score places a weight on the recency factor of an artist’s stats, not just the overall number. You can find out more about Band Equity Score in our support community, where most questions are already answered, here: http://support.reverbnation.com/reverbnation/topics/what_is_a_band_equity_score

Hope that helps!

10. ezra closer says:

Nice move Reverb!

11. Sh1ft Haq says:

You should make this app available for Nokia as well!!

12. Montreal SEO says:

Awsome !!! can’t wait to test this app.

13. Ilhammraps says:

belajar dikit lah

14. Awesome! Will it allow you to update all social site statuses the way you can on the Reverb Nation site? If so – I’m looking forward to it!

15. ball says:

already, so yall make sure u hit me up when u get the app.. the new mixtape is up and running.. After the movement is in the streets and online digital for free download here with the website link above.

16. Elitenment says:

Yessssss! Android rocks like a fu**ing guitar!

17. Mark Taylor says:

HA! I just heard about the iPhone app (two days after deciding, finally, to buy an Android phone instead) and was about to fire off an email strongly suggesting (i.e. begging) that you port it over to Android asap. smh

18. TzNz says:

I have question: My friend has only internet on his Iphone. Since this audio player is flash based for my band page & songs, can he will he be able to play the songs? What do you have for IPHONE users that want to simply play a song? (example: HTML5 has tag)

19. 2much says:

Is it out already fir android…..

@2much

Not quite yet! A few more weeks!

21. YeAAhhhhhhhhhhhh! (In my lil jon voice) hit me up on twitter! http;//twitter.com/stunnabodeen #BO

22. Carson Roach says:

Where is this at?? Just lookin for a release date update on the android market release!

23. The Artist says:

I wanna know WHERE IS THE CONTROL ROOM ANDROID APP!!!??? Quote “The Control Room Application for Android is expected in mid-April”…well it’s April 21st which is well past “mid-April”. I’ve been checking the Android market like everyday and…nothing…come on reverbnation…hold us down in the Android market…when is the app coming out?

@The Artist

Sorry for the delay! We are looking good for early next week!

25. The Artist says:

@Neal

Thanks…I definitely still be on the lookout. Reverbnation is the ishhhh!

26. For all of those awaiting the release the ReverbNation Control Room App for Android, the wait is over!

Head over to the Android Market place and download your copy today:

market.android.com/details?id=com.gss.android.ReverbNation.Activities

27. Paul says:

Useless.

I need to see in real time visits and plays, not general stats I can check also once a week.

Do you really think people need this applcation to check equity or send a status?

28. Same question as TzNz above: What plugin options or settings options can enable song playback on iOS devices (HTML5, not flash-based)? I know you guys care because of the easy to use iPhone RN Control Room App (love being able to update my status in one place, btw). Much appreciation for the site!

29. The Artist says:

When are the developers of this app going to take the time to develop and release something worth downloading and using?
    Suggestions:
    -The ability to receive and respond to fan mail
    -Artist Store functions (View Purchases, Transfer Funds/Royalties, etc.)
    -The ability to view and share links directly from the app
    …the list could go on…

30. The Artist says:

When are there going to be some upgrades for this app? There are a lot of additions that could be made to help improve this application. Additions like:
    * accrued royalty transfers to your paypal or bank account
    * the ability to search and book venues
    * the ability to view your own profile and search for of the artist profiles etc…
    I’m pretty sure that just with these addition this application will be used a lot more than it already is.

@The Artist

Thanks for the comment! We hope to improve both our artist based apps and just Control Room App in the future. We are always tweaking to make them better. I will make sure the mobile department sees your feedback on these suggestions!

Check out our support site in the future! http://www.support.reverbnation.com