ReverbNation’s Facebook app My Band gets a new name (Band Profile), new features, and it’s still 100% FREE

by Ferol on March 10, 2011 · Comments

Today we’re announcing some major upgrades to our popular Facebook app, My Band. We’re giving it a new name (Band Profile) and some seriously powerful new features. More details are below, but to check them out right away you just need to login to Band Profile and click on the Appearance tab (if you haven’t upgraded your band page to Facebook’s new layout, you’ll need to do that too, but it’s as easy as clicking a blue ‘upgrade my page’ button upgrade your Facebook page).

Your App has Fan Boosters to grow your Fanbase

We know fans are critically important for an artist, and that’s why we wove Fan Boosters into the fabric of the new app. Fan Boosters help you grow your mailing list, build the Likes to your Facebook page or spread your music virally. They are super easy to activate, and they work automatically after you set them.

Your App is now COMPLETELY customizable

You can customize just about everything on the new app. Colors, button location, visualization options and content. Not only is it powerful, but easy. The customization interface we built is just flat out fun to use.

Your App has a new Name: Band Profile

When ReverbNation launched My Band in 2007, it was the world’s FIRST band profile app on Facebook. In 2009 we updated MyBand to make it more powerful, which was an overwhelming success. Out of the over 50,000 apps on Facebook, My Band became one of  21 Featured Apps. Today, we’re taking another giant leap forward, changing the name to make it more relevant, and adding some powerful features.

All your favorite features are still there and it’s still FREE

Your ReverbNation content and the content on your app are always in sync eliminating the need to edit your content in multiple locations. It’s still FREE and still offers all the best ways to manage your Facebook presence.

A few notes on the transition:

• You will need Facebook’s updated layout for Band pages, you’ll need to go to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage and click the blue ‘upgrade my pages’ button to upgrade.
  • If you have not yet added the application but wish to do so, simply go to ReverbNation.com/AddMyBand
  • If you have already added MyBand to your band page on Facebook, your app will switch to the new Band Profile tab automatically. To check out the new customization features, login to Band Profile and navigate to the Appearance tab.
  • We’ve done our best to make sure the app looks dynamite, but we recommend that all artists login to Band Profile and make sure their app looks the way they want it to

Show us your creativity in the comments

Login to Band Profile, visit the new Appearance Tab and start customizing, then leave a link to your band page in the comments. We’ll keep our eyes on the comments and dish out a featured artist spot to the most creative, best-looking app.

Comments

1. [...] few weeks ago we updated our Band Profile App with some major upgrades. This week, we added a new module called ‘Social’ to the App. [...]

2. Aitee says:

Hey yall why not check out my new band page and let me impress you with the very best from me please visit my page leave your comments and become a fan

3. Launching Tangu lini nikakuwb mgondi n Maisha yangu kwa net

4. Hey everybody, Producers, Artists please check out my band page i am a very lyrical rapper and im only getting better, i would love to get on songs with any artists so please contact me for any features.. AllDay

5. mick says:

Require Like to access media content … what does this do?

@Mick

That would mean that a fan would have to “like” your Facebook band/music page to access the content, as opposed to being able to without “liking” the page

7. stsaka says:

Just dont get it! why as kwazult natal citizin only few r on success, whle the talent is here nd we got wt it take 2 be da legends wit new ideas

8. Charis says:

Is it possible to have multiple tabs for different artists on a single facebook page? As a small label owner i would like to have all the artists in the label page.

9. Valdemoro Mire says:

Hello!
    I love this site and your comments
    I am also a fan of the Cuban singer
    Is ona shame that reflected his biography does not appear that the author of these songs is his own father who lives in Helsinki Finland and his name is Antonio Gomez Carballe.
    I think that he would be very grateful and most complete biography of the singer.
    Thanks.

10. Paul says:

I’d love to see an option where i can disable media links within wall posts!!! Please advise me where this is, or if it’s in production! Thanks!

11. justi myers says:

hey nice handeling on that last show rock on yall

12. Angela says:

Would love to see a feature that gets around Facebook’s ‘notification’ issue for events so that we can actually ‘invite’ fans to gigs the way we used to on personal pages.

13. Bruce Cline says:

Help!! I am the administrator for 2 facebook sites…. one is my band and the other is a club I work for and help promote. Unfortunately, somehow using the band profile app, it is now posting ALL of my club dates to this clubs page which is NOT cool… can someone please tell me how to get the band profiler to stop promoting my shows on the club’s site??????

14. Can you please remove the new ‘SOCIAL’ section of my ‘band profile’ app because it has been hacked by someone who is posting rubbish messages on it?

Thank you.

Derek

15. [...] by FEROL on MARCH 10, 2011 · 46 COMMENTS [...]

16. Shahroze Suzuki says:

good :)

17. Kristine says:

How do you make the “My Band” page tab pull up automatically instead of the “Wall “tab. I want anyone that pulls up the page to see My Band instead of my Wall.

18. smplx thacitzen says:

@smplx thacitzen

Hi there. It may be as easy as hitting publish (even after publishing the app will only show as default for those who have not yet “liked” your page. This is a Facebook restriction. But you should really check with the experts — drop an email to support@reverbnation and I’m sure they can help.

20. Lee says:

I am getting email notifications that someone has signed up on the email list. Where do I go on my control page to find the requested email address?

@Lee

No problem! Just go to Control Room — FanReach– Manage Contacts and you will see anyone who has signed up to your mailing list.

Just as a heads up, we have a support site here for help: http://support.reverbnation.com , so be sure to bookmark it!

22. sal says:

whenever i want to kill a couple of hours i try to make this all work..never does..a lifetime of fun

@ sal Sorry you’re having difficulty. Have you reached out to the support site?

24. JC Wightson says:

I was wondering if i can have the Band Profile on my website too? The widgets are all good but they don’t have the same professional impact as Band Profile would.

Thanks

Hi John — Unfortunately, because the Band Profile is designed specifically for Facebook, we don’t have anything like it that you can post as a widget to your home page.
    I’ll forward your suggestion along to our developers though for them to consider. Thanks!

26. [...] Blogeintrag von ReverbNation zu Band Profile [...]