Announcing Venue Profile, a Free Facebook App for Music Clubs

by Ferol on May 5, 2011 · Comments

ReverbNation Venue Profile
ReverbNation is very excited to announce the launch of our Facebook App for Venues, Venue Profile.  Over 22,000 Venues are currently part of the ReverbNation family, and we built Venue profile based on their input and feedback. Based on our conversations with venues over the past few years here’s what we’ve found:

1. Concerts are Social

People go to concerts with their friends, and Venue profile encourages fans to share with one another.  The more people socialize around a concert the more likely they are to actually attend the concert.

2. Engagement Sells Tickets

Venue profile offers an engaging music experience in addition to a full show schedule and venue information. For example, a fan may visit a Venue Profile for some simple information (like the address of the club), but while they’re there, they can engage by clicking on the play buttons next to the headlining band or purchase tickets.

3. It’s Free and Easy

One thing we heard over and over again was that Venue owners and managers are busy, and that they don’t need additional costs. We took that to heart and made Venue profile super simple to use, and made it work with any ticket provider. We also gave it the lowest price we could think of, Free.

Venue Profile is Available Today!

As of today Venue Profile is available as a public beta.  Follow the links below to get started:

Add the app right now for Free »

(don’t have a Facebook page yet? Create a one today)

For an example of Venue Profile please visit the Facebook page for the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn, or just check out the screenshot below.

Comments

1. This is awesome! Knew it was only a matter of time before RN came up with something totally cool like this for venues. I love the way the Knitting Factory is using it. Keep it up, RN… one day soon you’ll rule the world!

2. LM says:

I went on the app page but when I try adding the app, it sends me an error message saying the page doesn’t exist….

3. Facebook App for Music Clubs

4. [...] the artist to the manager to the promoter as well as the venue. Today they announced the release of Venue Profile, a free and nifty Facebook application just for venue operators. Considering they have over 22,000 [...]

5. John VanderHaagen says:

This looks amazing – with a few tweaks this app would work perfectly for sports too, I run the social media for an AHL hockey team and this would be a GREAT addition to our page…

I’m having trouble accessing the app though, I’m getting a 404 error

6. Joel says:

doesn’t seem to be working. Got it all set up, saw it for a while, and then the tab was gone. Now I can’t even access the ap. Looking forward to using it though. Cheers.

7. Jed Carlson says:

Folks, there is an error on the app that we are working to correct right now. We’ll get it fixed asap and back up and running. Sorry for the inconvenience. You may have to re-add the app again when its fixed, but we’ll let you know.

-Jed
    ReverbNation.com

8. Jed says:

Should be all set now. Sorry for the trouble.

9. The revolution will not be televised so come and help us brong our message across the glob watch for show dates on reverbnation.com/therequirements203bpt@gmail.com

10. Ronnie says:

Hey guys, really loving the new app! Is there any way to create a twitter integration so what gets posted can go to the venue’s twitter as well?

11. [...] developers of Facebook musician app Band Profile, this week launched a new Page management tab application called “Venue Profile” that helps performance spaces promote themselves and their upcoming shows. Venues can provide [...]

12. [...] developers of Facebook musician app Band Profile, this week launched a new Page management tab application called “Venue Profile” that helps performance spaces promote themselves and their upcoming shows. Venues can provide [...]

13. [...] developers of Facebook musician app Band Profile, this week launched a new Page management tab application called “Venue Profile” that helps performance spaces promote themselves and their upcoming shows. Venues can provide [...]

14. Simon Peters says:

Wow! Thanks so much RN for thinking new ways for us. Truly this is “the place to be”. Two thumbs up if you agree!

15. kclair34 says:

I just think that this is really great for us users. As they say “keep ‘em commin’!
    I really love RN. Thank you so much for this awesome move.

16. Charmed007@live.com says:

I gotta try this app one out. It just seems to be fantastic. RN is really living it up to it’s name. Thanks!

17. imreal24seven says:

I have to agree with Madalyn on this one. One of the reasons why I keep on coming back to RN is that they rock! I actually had all of my friends signed up.

18. simon peters says:

Now this is moving things up to the next level. I tried this app and it sure is great! I will be recommending this to all of the people I know of. Thanks RN!

19. ljklutz says:

I love checking out the whereabouts of what’s happening around, most especially, concerts. That’s why I was way too excited to tell the whole world that we now have this Venue profile. Definitely this is what I’ved been waiting for!

20. kclair34 says:

I never had any doubts that RN would come up with such wonderful news. Now I can use this app and what’s best about it is it’s all for free. Sweet!

21. whitej38 says:

Now I can showcase our upcoming shows. Isn’t it amazing how RN is making our lives easy? I sincerely extend my gratitude to you folks out there. Good on ‘ya!

22. MsUnderrose says:

This is a 100% hassle free app! Now I know where to look at when I have something in mind particularly with upcoming shows about my favorite band and all. What can I say, RN keeps me awed all the time!

23. psleila71 says:

This will let the whole world know what’s going on and where it’s happening! If I will be given the chance to rate this app, I have to say 10 out of 10! Give it up for RN!

24. Srles214 says:

What I always look for a site is what’s new and what’s coming up next. So when I signed up for an account with RN, I was really surprised because it was ironic that I just thought of this the other day and now they have it all going on. They do know what our needs are so all my hands are up and will be praising them for a job well done.

25. MrCharmed007 says:

Isn’t this fantastic or what? For me it will be 101% agreement on how this app is. I admire RN’s constant perseverance in making things easy for me and for everyone else. Thanks!

26. imreal24seven says:

I must admit that I was inspired by this app. People are usually interested in going to concerts like me. This will make fans have the ease of access with the info they need. Perfect!

@ Ronnie

Thanks for the suggestion. We are certainly looking into those options. First wanted to get the App out the door, but now we will work on improving it based on feedback! You’ve been heard! Glad you dig it so far!

28. Nice application!

29. Cory says:

This concept seems absolutely stellar. However, I’m hesitant about the platform. Facebook application? Don’t most people write off facebook apps? I, personally don’t pay attention to app updates on my newsfeed. I’m seeing this more as a mobile app that’s integrated into social media. Something like Instagram or Yelp, where there’s users who have linked their social media accounts. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong…

30. cloningan says:

very nice apps

31. MissLDR says:

Wow this looks cool! It’s like a party within your phone! This will surely help the artists, the venue owners and the fans as well. This app makes everything within everyone’s reach. Expect lots of downloads. Thank you RN! I’m going to go tell my friends about this. Endorsing! ;)

32. hXc says:

This concept seems absolutely stellar. However, I’m hesitant about the platform. Facebook application? Don’t most people write off facebook apps? lol

33. Another Door says:

Reverb is probably the best tool for bands out there. They have helped my band (Another Door) tramidisly and we thank you reverb.

34. Damon Stuart says:

It’s not allowing me to use my current Reverbnation profile on facebook. Will not accept my current pass word.

35. Mona says:

can’t write comment

36. Darren says:

Awesome…I think will be a great help for a lot of musos!

37. Clint says:

Tried to download the app and I was redirected and told that I needed a FB page. When I tried to access the app I was using my FB page. Why?

Sorry you’re having trouble. I’ve sent you an email to help resolve the issue.

39. Asuransi says:

I was just browsing for relevant blog posts for my project research and I happened to stumble upon yours. Thanks for the excellent information.

40. yes,,you right
    I like this post because good post