Below you will find just a few of the ReverbNation Opportunities that we have brokered for our Artists. Artists can find these and more in their OPPORTUNITIES section of their ReverbNation Dashboard!
Our goal is to keep providing value to the Artists at the lowest possible cost. We always try to broker Opportunities with no Submission Fees but sometimes a Promoter needs to charge a Submission Fee and since ReverbNation does NOT take a % of the fee, we often times get a very reduced rate for our artists!
Feel free to share this blog post with your fellow artists! And without further ado,
New Opportunity Listings:
- Play at the DELI MAGAZINE SHOWCASE (4 nights) at the CMJ MUSIC MARATHON in NYC.
- LiveNation’s “Have Rock, Will Travel Tour” has a few remaining opening slots available to Reverb bands.
- Open up for Blind Melon, The Pat McGee Band and others at Rest Fest 2011. Last day to enter is 8/26.
- Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes are the most downloaded mixtapes in the world with over 150 volumes all officially hosted by Major Artists from Nas, Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa to Keri Hilson, Chris Brown and Ciara. Twista will release his next mixtape through Coast 2 Coast and choose 1 artist to record a verse and have the song included on his upcoming mixtape. 10 other artists will be included on other mixtapes being released.
- Play at the Coast 2 Coast Convention in front of music industry execs Bonsu Thompson (Editor/The Source Magazine), Rockwilder (Grammy Winning Producer/Jay Z, Redman), Dave Mays (Founder/Hip Hop Weekly Magazine), !llmind (Platinum Producer/Eminem, 50 Cent, Lady Gaga), DJ GQ (Y100 Miami), Lou Plaia (Co-Founder/ReverbNation), DJ KC Chopz (POWER96 Miami), Streetrunner (Grammy Winning Producer/Lil Wayne) and many more as well as over 200 Coast 2 Coast DJs. Huge prizes packages are being given out.
- Get your music on Bands Under the Radar podcast and 4th Quarter 2011 digital sampler that goes out to music supervisors, publishers, A&R execs, label execs, managers, marketing professionals, bloggers, and music fans in general.
- The “”Art Of Noise”” Compilation Album Series is looking for 48 Reverb artists to be part of a music project with an independent label that will be distributed digitally and physically through Best Buy, FYE, Target, and other music retailers nationwide. Last date to enter is 8/28.
- If you are solo female artist or have at least one female in the group, you are eligible to submit your music to the 12th annual GoGirlsMusicFest Compilation CD.
- The Monthly ReverbNation/Knitting Factory Music Industry Panel and Showcase Series continues with this months topic of Licensing & Performance Rights featuring panelists from BMI, Sound Exchange, HarryFox Agency and Crowd Control. Submit to play. If you are not selected, you still get in for free.
- 25 performance slots available for Reverb artists at the Independent Music Summit.
- Open up for Rapper’s Delight at the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn. Last day to enter is 8/29.
- At least 50 live performance and attendance slots are guaranteed to Reverb artists at the SCMC Music Conference. Meet with industry heavyweights Jeff Blue (Atlantic Records), Amir Windom (Atlantic Records), Kevin Shine (A&R Consultant/JIVE Records), Maurice Slade (Young Money/Cash Money Records), Big Rankin (CTE/DefJam), Senator Skid (Bad Boy Entertainment), T-Mah (Konvict Music/Universal Music Group) and others.
- T.H.I.N.C. Music Talent Search – Get your music heard, critiqued and ultimately selected by industry heavyweights including DJ Quik (Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Truth Hurts, Kurupt, Jadakiss & More), Jazze Pha (Producer has worked with Cee Lo Green, Mary J Blige, T.I., Usher & more), Focus (Producer for Aftermath), The Real Etc. (Artist/Songwriter) and Steve Raze (Executive VP of Digital Content at AllHipHop.com).
- Winter Concert Series (A Place for Dory Mates) in Lockeport, NS, Canada taking submissions now.
- many others available in the Artist’s Opportunity Section of their ReverbNation Dashboard.
Last Chance & Reminder Opportunities:
- At least 50 Reverb slots available at the Mid-Atlantic Music Conference. Last day to enter is 8/26.
- Get your music in 180+ colleges and universities with the Shmek-U/ReverbNation :60 Spotlight where your music will be exposed to millions of listeners. Last day to enter is 8/31.
- At least 50 Reverb slots available at 16th Annual Millennium Music Conference & Showcase.
- At least 50 Reverb slots available at Singer Songwriter Cape May, 2 days of industry panels and live performances from 150 singer songwriters.
- Open up for Ne-Yo and others on the MISSION ONE VOICE tour (on US Military Bases for our troops). Last day to enter is 8/27.
- IC Artist Agency looking for bands for College/University Bookings.
- A&R Worldwide and AllAccess.com’s Worldwide Radio Summit is only accepting submissions though RevebNation and will select approximately 12 artists to showcase in front of high level radio, label, publishing, TV/Film and brand executives.
- 2Racks Rap and R&B Contest Series now in 5 cities looking for talent.
- The Songs of Love Foundation is a national nonprofit organization that provides personalized songs for children and teens battling serious illness and lifetime disabilities. They are looking for songs.
- Win up to $150,000 in cash and prizes from the International Songwriting Competition. Judges include Ozzy, Tom Waits, Tori Amos, Jeff Beck and dozens of other superstar artists + music industry execs including Monte Lipman (President, Universal Republic Records), David Massey (President, Mercury Records), Brian Malouf (VP A&R, Walt Disney Records) and many others.
- The 8th Annual IAMA (International Acoustic Music Awards) is now accepting entries.
- At least 10 Reverb slots available for ReverbNation artists on the Perfect Attendance Stage at the A3C Hip Hop Festival in Atlanta.
- 80-100 Reverb slots available at the 13th annual Heart of Texas Rockfest during Music Week in Austin, TX.
- At least 50 Reverb slots available at the RedGorilla Music Fest during Music Week in Austin, TX.
- 40 Reverb Artists (20 Alt/Rock and 20 Urban) to be selected to perform at The 2012 Indie Music Fest.
- Reviews and Features at one of Google’s Top 10 entertainment magazines on the web, I Am Entertainment Magazine.
- Get Your Music Promoted on ROCK THIS! during the months of July thru September 2011.
- Compensation ranges from $100 to $1,500 per band at Buda October Fest.
- Winter Folk Festival looking for artists/bands.
- Rock U Festival in St Louis looking for bands. Last date to enter is 8/29.
- Get featured in Underneath Magazine.
- Get featured in Surrender Magazine.
- Nominations for the Hollywood Music in Media Awards 2011 are under way.
- Many others available in the Artist’s Opportunity Section of their ReverbNation Dashboard.
And Always Available from ReverbNation:
The ReverbNation website now attracts 25 million visitors per month. Get Featured on the Home Page at ReverbNation Featured Artist of the Week
Just a few of the Artists selected this week by our Promoters:
- The IC Agency selected Sword Swallower Dan Meyer, Parish County, Melodime, Transit Vocal Band and Chelsea Green and the Green Project for its Agency Roster and College Bookings! More performers are still needed.
- Telesma was selected to play at Camp Bisco with The Disco Biscuits, Cut Copy, Wiz Khalifa, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Death From Above 1979, MSTRKRFT, Ghostland Observatory, Yeasayer and 100+ more artists!
- Johnny Spanish, Lyriciss, Dee-One and Big Rec are the first 4 Reverb artists slected for A3C Hip Hop Festival.
If you have an Opportunity(s) that is valuable to some or all of ReverbNation’s 1.6 million artists, please go to Festivals/Events/Tours/Opportunities and choose Festival/Event. That will take you to the application, and after you fill it out, a rep will be in touch shortly!
If you are a Venue, please check out the only comprehensive Venue Application on Facebook, Venue Profile App on Facebook. Any questions, give us a shout!
Lou Plaia & the RN Staff (no, that is not a band name)