Quality Beats Quantity: RN/DMN Survey Reveals Artist Preferences for Venues

by Shelly on September 7, 2011 · Comments

What do artists really care about when it comes to venues?

We teamed up with Digital Music News to ask over 1900 artists that very question.  Seems that quality attributes like acoustics and cleanliness, even venue friendliness, outweigh concerns about the numbers — whether we’re talking dollars or capacity.

Whether you’re an artist or a venue — take a look and let us know what you think.

Comments

1. 100 Stack Sweat says:

I think the quality is key, but also friendliness

2. Paul says:

Quality & friendliness is at the top of the list in my mind, then reputation.

3. I’m concerned about quality, I want my music to be professional and something people can enjoy and that’s clean that the whole family can enjoy. As far as money is concerned that’s way down the list, I’m definetely not going to get rich, just having fun with it..

4. Quality and friendliness. Peace and love or maybe peace and live.

5. Dj Alimba says:

Definitely quality and friendliness are at the top of the list…

6. Jimmy Caterine (Dream Chemistry) says:

The thing that stunned me was the comment at the bottom of the survey results. Between 1984-1995, I played well over 3000 shows. I thought the lack of gigs these days was an age thing but now I see it is just a sign of the times. Very interesting.

7. Quality & friendliness

8. all of the things are of almost equal importance, but it ultimately it is the fans surrounding, whose roaring and shouting can make an artist s feet thump up in great zeal and enthusiasm, bcoz it is ultimately the fans for which he/she is out thre

9. Jean mann says:

It’s a toss up for me. Really great if friendly owners and good sound tech. Doesn’t hurt to have good $$ too, but I’ll take a happy low pay gig over a well paying stinker gig ie “well, it pays the bills…” any day!

10. JboneAce says:

I thiink this is good info..even if on 4 starters it good to see what is most in demand!