Music Licensing: ReverbNation Scores Worldwide Hyundai Ad

by Glenn on October 18, 2011 · Comments

There are lots of great places for expert advice on getting your music licensed. Between the conferences (Billboard Film & TV), the forums, the blogs, and google searches, finding advice is no longer an issue. Here’s an example: try googling “How do i get my music onto TV.” It’s…underwhelming.  Do you really need to read another blog telling you that “the key to success is networking?”  Here’s another approach.  Let the experts be experts, and focus on what you know best: great music!  Gina Cutillo’s done just that, coupling her pop sentimentality with the forward vision of the ReverbNation/APM Music Song Licensing Program.

Check out the lovechild we made for Hyundai:

Gina Cutillo: Hyundai Elantra, Worldwide TV advertisement

Congrats to ALL the ReverbNation artists whose talent and hard work have been recognized in these feature placements:

Danger Maker — CBS Promos for The Good Wife
The Shoreline — CBS Promos for A Gifted Man
Kidd Russell — CBS Promos for A Gifted Man
Nenna Yvonne — Promos for The World According to Paris
Gina Cutillo — Hyundai Elantra
Draztic — Somerset Collection/CityLoft TV Spot
PJ Pacifico — Spike TV – Life of a Coal Miner
Strangeletter — Portlandia
Linda Draper — Portlandia
Vandarth — WWE – Tough Enough

How can you get involved with Sync Licensing?

ReverbNation and APM Music regularly invite new artists to participate in the Song Licensing Program. Invites are sent out to ReverbNation artists who are active users of the site, have complete profiles, and whose music fits what music supervisors are seeking. To learn more about the program, visit http://www.reverbnation.com/main/apm

Comments

1. I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who have achieved this fantastic milestone in your careers.

2. Neeko says:

I need an invite to the SLP please! =) And congrats to those who placed music. My time shall come…

3. i have beenlistening to JON RICHARDS, on Facebook,he is very talented, please listen to his version of “”HERE COMES THE SUN”"WILL BE WATCHING FOR ANY UPDATES ON MY COMMENT…..Thank you…..

4. Jamwala says:

There is a composer on Reverbnation… (JAMWALA), I can’t remember his name… (JAMWALA), but I hear that he is looking to get his material licensed and is approaching agencies and brands directly..

now what is his name……………. (JAMWALA, JAMWALA, JAMWALA!!!!!!)…..

Nope….. I forget!

5. Congrats to all those who were placed. I hope one day to join you all in these milestones you have reached in your careers. Good luck on your futures.

Michael Egleton

6. Phaze says:

Thanks for the oppertunity look forward to working with you

7. Clive says:

Hi there, this is great news! Anywhere online we can find video of the promos with Dangermaker’s music? Would love to link to it…

8. Linda Draper says:

Thank you so much! I love Portlandia! I want to spread the word about APM/Reverbnation’s placement of my music. Is there any way that I can find out when the episode airs that used my track ‘Pushing Up The Day’, or, if it did already air, where I could access a clip of it? Thanks again – and happy holidays!

Hi Linda and congratulations! We don’t have that info here, but I just sent you an email with the person you can contact. Let me know if you need anything else!

10. Linda Draper says:

Got it – thanks Shelly!

11. New to This, very interested though :)

Feed Us Good-News?

Blessings to You All

12. Linda Draper says:

Exciting new development – well, not really. Looks like even though Portlandia licensed my song, somehow, some way, it ended up on the cutting room floor and didn’t make the final cut, after all! Oh well, I still got paid my royalties for their mistake, so whatever. Perhaps some sound editor screwed up and hit the mute button, by mistake, to be honest I am not sure nor do I even really care anymore. Let’s just say, I can relate to Sparkle Pony, for REAL! My song called ‘Pushing Up The Day’ was supposed to be in the ‘Blunderbus’ episode where Sparkle Pony goes to play a music festival in Portland, but her name doesn’t make the list, and she ends up getting ostracized and mocked by all the hipsters before accidentally taking a bus to Alaska. Story of my life.

13. LInda Draper says:

That being said, I still really like Portlandia. It’s a damn funny show.

14. I am very honored that your staff selected Me to be a part of anything that is going on with reverbnation. Im would love to submit a few songs for any event you’ll got going on…..

15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6-vgbyj6Q

Cool news story my band did from some music placements with ReverbNation/APM music. Check it out…we were on WWE and ESPN.

16. One Dyvrse says:

This has been basically what i`ve have making my music for,now i have the chance to get my music heard via tv,film,movie,soundtracks,thanks for letting me get my sound played across the nation:Much love 1Dyvrse

17. DJ CID says:

Way cool, wish i had an opportunity like this years ago.