HTML5 Music Player Widget is Here

by Ferol on March 5, 2012 · Comments

We know you’ve been waiting for this, and now it’s here. The HTML5 widget works on you iPhone, iPod, iPad, iWhatever. Like all our widgets it’s completely customizeable so you can match the color scheme and size of your website.  Setup is super simple and lets you pick from few different layout options. All artists can grab the HTML5 widget from their widgets and apps section of the control room.

Check out the examples below — then put one of these new widgets on your website or blog and post links to your site in the comments section.

Comments

1. dj rochdi says:

i love music ….music is my life

2. [...] too easy to download my music files wouldn’t you know. But since ReverbNation has launched an HTML5 player widget  that restricts that, I’ve decided to test out some plugins to see if they do the same [...]

3. StenniZ says:

Great, you guys listen to the wishes and that’s perfect! As an artist when I click on the widgets the preview doesn’t load like the others yet? I only see the html codes. Thanks! SZ

4. Dan Slipper says:

This appears to be broken in IE. It seemed ok in Firefox, Opera and Safari to me, but im seeing a mass of error messages… even on this page you are advertising it on!

Any ideas why this is?

ERROR:

-soundManager.stopAll()
    soundManager: Firing 1 onready() item
    soundManager: Document already loaded
    – SoundManager 2 loaded (OK) –
    (Flash): Enabling polling, 50 ms interval
    (Flash): JS to/from Flash OK
    Flash security sandbox type: remote
    (Flash): SM2 SWF V2.97a.20111220 (AS3/Flash 9)
    soundManager: Attempting to call Flash from JS..
    soundManager::init()
    soundManager::externalInterfaceOK() (~15 ms)
    soundManager::initMovie(): Waiting for ExternalInterface call from Flash..
    soundManager::createMovie(): Trying to load http://www.reverbnation.com/html_widget_framework/soundmanager/swf/soundmanager2_flash9_debug.swf
    – SoundManager 2 V2.97a.20111220 (AS3/Flash 9), normal polling –
    soundManager::createMovie(): Removing wmode, preventing known SWF loading issue(s)

5. [...] has launched a new HTML5 version of their music player widget. This allows the widget to work on iPhones, [...]

@Dan Slipper

Sorry you had trouble. This was a temporary bug that was fixed up yesterday. If you are still seeing the issue let us know!

7. ooh thanks! i’ve been working hard to keep a few musician friends with RN, promising that you’d have non-flash widgets soon soon soon.

unfortunately all i see on this page is a long white empty space.
    FF11.0, Ubuntu Linux. console shows four messages like:
    Line 120

then a DOM exception:
    NS_ERROR_DOM_INVALID_ACCESS_ERR
    A parameter or an operation is not supported by the underlying object
    chrome://yslow/content/yslow/peeler.js
    line 314

when i open the iFrame in a new tab, i just get the NS_ERROR_DOM_INVALID_ACCESS_ERR error.

thanks,
    asdjkrwe

8. Mariana says:

Hi Andrew – we have knowledge of the issue, and are working on ways to address it. Thanks for bringing it up to out attention!

9. Ratcoon says:

Using Chrome, there are no examples, just blank space. I wonder what addin I have that is blocking it.

10. Ratcoon says:

Oh nevermind. It just took three or four minutes for them to load.

11. Mariana says:

Hey there — sorry it took too long to load. That’s not how it normally works. Please send me a link to your RN profile and we’ll look into it. Thanks!

12. Mariana says:

Ratcoon – better yet, please send me a link to the page where you’re placing your widgets. Thanks!

13. Chris says:

What’s the deal with the “No relay set (used as window.postMessage targetOrigin), cannot send cross-domain message” Error? Any progress on this yet? The widget loads on the page but the music never plays and when I click the play button, I get the error above.

Looks like this hasn’t been working on WordPress for a month now.

No mobile love = fail. kids love their devices.

14. Mariana says:

Hi Chris – What browser and version of that browser are you using?

15. Mariana says:

Chris — regarding mobile, there have been a couple of issues with iPhones and iPads. Is that what you have? If so, try clearing your cache by going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and also Clear Cookies and Data. Wait a few seconds and try listening to music widget again. If you continue having problems, please email us at support@reverbnation.com. Hope it helps!

16. RE.K says:

I’m getting the white frame on safari on my ipad, and on my android. but plays fine in IE and chrome.

17. Mariana says:

Hi RE.K – Have you tried clearing your Safari’s browser cache? On iPad, go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data. Wait 30 seconds and try listening to the music widget again. If that doesn’t work, please shoot us an email explaining the issue and we’ll try to fix it! support@reverbnation.com Thanks!

18. Pete Ekstam says:

As posted above in various areas, I’m also getting an issue with this new HTML5 player in IE:

– SoundManager 2 failed to load (security/load error) –
    soundManager.disable(): Shutting down
    soundManager: Failed to initialise.
    soundManager: Verify that ./soundmanager2_debug.swf is a valid path.
    soundManager: No Flash response within expected time.
    Likely causes: Loading soundmanager2_debug.swf may have failed (and/or Flash 8+ not present?), Flash blocked or JS-Flash security error.
    soundManager: Getting impatient, still waiting for Flash…
    soundManager::initMovie(): Waiting for ExternalInterface call from Flash..
    soundManager::createMovie(): Trying to load ./soundmanager2_debug.swf
    – SoundManager 2 V2.97a.20120318 (AS2/Flash 8), no HTML5 audio support, normal polling –
    SoundManager: No HTML5 Audio() support detected.

Any help???

19. Mariana says:

Hi Pete — we’re very sorry for the trouble. Can you please send me the link to the page you’re trying to place the widget at?

20. [...] Chris A. on June 4, 2012 TweetFollowing our update to the new music player widget, we are now introducing the Fan Collector widget in all its HTML5 glory.  What does this mean? [...]

21. Max says:

I simply wanted to take a few moments and tell you that I
    enjoyed the blog post. I genuinely don’t believe many people know the level of energy that gets put into putting together a good blog website. I’m sure
    this will be kind of random nonetheless it bothers me sometimes.
    Anyways really good blog.