And just like that, the holidays are upon us!
With more than a few members of the ‘Nation finding themselves behind on their holiday shopping this year, we decided to lend our readers a hand with their wintertime rush by creating this list. For rankings, we polled trusted music authorities like this year’s high school talent show finalists and the host of the Bollywood Bonanza on the local college radio station.
Use it to build your own wish list, or share it with family, friends and fans to inspire gift ideas and spread the word about what you want this year! Happy holidays, and good hunting:
5. More Exposure – You’d think this wish is a no-brainer, but according to our data exposure barely beat the Amp Capo (honorable mention) out for the #5 spot on our list. Perhaps it’s so obvious that it was taken for granted, but when we tallied the final results, exposure was cemented as one of those classic gifts that keeps giving.
4. More Fans – Musicians across the board wanted more fans, citing the rush of hearing huge crowds singing their songs back to them and more money at the door as lead contributing factors. Fans may not be this year’s Tickle-Me Elmo, but just like presents and pumpkin pie, they’re sure to satisfy just about anyone this time of year.
3. Vantare Platinum Plus Tour Bus – Just like the pony you asked for every year as a child, the world’s most expensive tour bus really puts the ‘wish’ in this year’s wish list. Blowing up the blogosphere with its Inca marble, antique bronze, and pearlized Italian leather interior, this $2.5M tour bus will ensure you never want to stop touring. We hope you’ve been real good boys and girls this year…
2. Buzz – Elusive and mysterious, few musicians are able to obtain this heady mix of recognition & momentum. Buzz has the power to supercharge an artist’s career, but is difficult to create and even harder to maintain. Given its promotional power and its rarity, it’s no surprise buzz ranked near the top of our list, bested only by the most overwhelmingly cited wish…
1. ReverbNation Gift Cards - This year’s winner beat the competition handily for the #1 spot, and it’s easy to see why. A Promote It Gift Card from ReverbNation allows musicians to promote their music on top websites like MTV, Facebook & Pandora, driving exposure where people go to discover new music. Not only does Promote It help musicians get new fans from around the world, but sustained promotion builds buzz previously out of the reach of all but the most successful artists. ReverbNation’s Promote It Gift Cards start at just $10 and give artists everything they’re wishing for this holiday season! Except for the tour bus; but with promotion like this, 2013 just might be the year they can finally afford one.
Lucky for you, you can get this holiday season’s #1 gift for musicians right here! Whether you’re a fan or a musician, giving or receiving a gift card is simple:
If you’re a musician, log into your ReverbNation profile page and click the gift card ad in the right column.
You’ll be taken to your custom gift card purchase page. Simply copy the URL from your browser’s address bar and email the link to anyone buying you a gift this year.
If you’re a fan, find your favorite band’s ReverbNation profile page by entering their name in the search bar at the top of ReverbNation.com or navigating to their page directly. Click on the gift card ad in the right column to navigate to that artist’s custom gift card purchase page. There, just complete the form to customize your gift and schedule delivery.
This holiday season, treat a musician (or yourself!) to a gift that’s sure to please with Promote It Gift Cards from ReverbNation!